This was a pivotal painting for me, it might not seem like much but it changed the way I thought of myself as an artist. The mantis, one of the most interesting insects, is commonly used in modern times to symbolize the femme fatale. This is due to their tendencies towards sexual cannibalism, yes the women occasionally consume the heads of their mates. In antiquity however they were diviners, mantis comes from the Greek word for prophet, and they could point you in the right direction. When a mantis crosses your path it is a good omen and a reminder to slow down, meditate, and listen closely to your inner voice. Mantis crew is a gouache painting on black paper created in 2020.Make a statement in any room with this framed poster, printed on thick, durable, matte paper. The matte black frame that's made from wood from renewable forests adds an extra touch of class.
• Alder, semi-hardwood .75″ (1.9 cm) thick frame from renewable forests
• Paper thickness: 10.3 mil (0.26 mm)
• Paper weight: 5.57 oz/y² (189 g/m²)
• Acrylite front protector
• Hanging hardware included
• Blank product components in the US sourced from Japan and the US
• Blank product components in the EU sourced from Japan and Latvia